Join our team.
Wind Travel-Service Technician
Seeking a Wind Travel-Service Technician to perform maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of wind turbines at various sites across the US. The Wind Travel-Service Technician will work closely with customers and 300 Feet management to diagnose and fix problems and perform turbine services by following work instructions, schedules, and safety requirements set forth in policy, site instructions, and regulations. This position will be valued as an integral part of the 300 Feet team, and is required to maintain high regard for customer service, quality, and safety.
- Comfortable with a unique work schedule that requires traveling, overtime, and flexibility.
- Completes wind turbine maintenance tasks, including safe operation of tools and equipment while complying with specific reporting requirements and job specific needs.
- Performs every task safely by identifying and mitigating hazards. This requires compliance and knowledge of safety standards and participation in safety training.
- Works well will a team and serves as a trusted, communicative and respectful member of that team. Also works well individually and with limited supervision.
- Embraces high values such as self-motivation, determination and follow-through with safety, reporting, and quality regimes. This includes following instructions, wearing the proper safety equipment, following a timely schedule, and executing project plans.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve routine and unique turbine performance issues and a willingness to request help when issues cannot be completed within a given skill set.
- Follows systematic processes where physical and mental stamina are challenged. This requires attention to detail while working in inclement conditions.
- Seeks opportunities to improve processes and routines by expressing those improvements to management.
- Maintains high levels of customer satisfaction by identifying and fulfilling customer needs. Demonstrates proper communication through active listening and appropriate verbal and nonverbal communication skills.
- Associates degree or wind program certificate.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience on wind turbines.
- Reading, writing, arithmetic and communication in English.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of workplace safety.
- Previous experience within mechanical, electrical and hydraulic maintenance, repair and service work.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on an individual basis.
- Knowledge and experience with tools including hydraulic, tension head and torque tools.
- Strong communication skills with customers and colleagues.
- Basic computer operation skills, including the ability to record and read data.
- Understands schematics and drawings.
- Participation in training and orientation courses.
- Physically able to:
- maneuver (lift, pull, carry and etc.) items 50 lbs. in weight,
- climb stairs and ladders 60-125 meters in height,
- stand or kneel for long periods of time,
- comfortable in confined spaces and with heights exceeding 100 meters,
- strong hearing and sight, including depth perception and color recognition.