Join our team.
Seeking an Environmental Health and Safety Manager responsible for HSE Management System implementation, document control, reporting, auditing, business intelligence/ data analytics and management of change process for all HSE Policies and Procedures. This position will be valued as an integral part of the 300 Feet team, and is required to maintain high regard for customer service, quality, and safety.
- Ensure the highest level of health and safety practices on the assigned wind farm(s). This includes wearing and demonstrating the proper use of essential safety equipment, including a personal fall arrest system, as well as identifying potential hazards on the job.
- Pass physical fitness tests required to maintain Global Wind Organization Certification.
- Climb wind towers and access wind turbines to perform Health and Safety tasks.
- Lift, carry, and transport essential equipment, tools, and materials to job site.
- Adhere to and represent the company’s values and behaviors as defined by the 300 Feet philosophy, Vision and HSE Policy Statements while reinforcing Line Management’s and individual Employee’s responsibility for HSE.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the ISO 14000, and OHSAS 18000 HSE Management System pertaining to compliance and strategy for ECR’s North America Operations that establishes HSE as key Company Values and drives continuous improvement in HSE in all operations and functional departments of the company.
- Assist in the development, training and implementation of HSE Policies and Procedures for the ECR in North America.
- Maintain, monitor and on-time reporting of HSE performance metrics, statistics, records and injury reporting (OSHA 300) using paper and automated record keeping systems for the assigned region.
- Evaluate and coordinate HSE plans and programs proposed by Contractors/ Subcontractors working at the Company’s sites and monitor their performance to assure compliance. Perform quarterly contractor audits and biannual field assessments and daily observations.
- Review HSE deliverables, plans and programs proposed by Contractors working at Company’s construction sites and monitor their performance to assure compliance, with emphasis on the thorough evaluation of contractor pre-qualification.
- Actively participate in HSE Program reviews and recommending the HSE Management System Program Objectives & Targets.
- Train the Designated Site Safety Representatives within the assigned region in the area of HSE and monitor their performance to ensure compliance with established HSE policies, practices and reporting requirements. Train employees in HSE specific Topics.Qualifications
Five (5) years of EHS experience applicable to operations, maintenance and/or construction of power generation and related facilities, preferably wind.
A minimum of two (2) years of experience managing safety in a leadership role under the ISO 14000 and OHSAS 18000 protocols (ISO-9000 experience acceptable).
Have a working knowledge of Federal OSHA, Federal EPA, State OSHA/EPA and labor standards for General and Construction Industries, as well as the general principles of Industrial Safety and Industrial Hygiene. Canadian OSH, and Specific knowledge of local and state safety and environmental regulations beneficial. Proficient with Microsoft office suite, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Project; implementation, auditing, management of change for ISO 40001, OHSAS 18001, ISO 9001. Familiarity with enterprise resource planning systems, e.g., Oracle, SAP, Maximo, learning management systems, HSE Information Systems.
Required: Associates Degree in Occupational Health, Safety, and/or Environmental Science, or a related field from and accredited school (other than on-line or mail-in). Master’s Degree preferred.
Substitution Clause: One (1) of the 5 years can be satisfied with Bachelor’s Degree; Fifteen (15) years of experience in lieu of degree is acceptable.
Professional Certifications preferred.
This is a safety sensitive position. Primarily office environment; 75 - 100% of the time. May be exposed to hazardous conditions (Working at Height 300', Confined Space, Bloodborne Pathogens); supports multiple office and field work sites.
Safety- Promote HSE compliance and values all at all times.
- Initiative – Able to work with minimum supervision and make decisions related to HSE issues within defined scope of responsibilities.
- Interpersonal Skills - builds strong and effective relationships with all stakeholders through effective two-way communications, personal leadership, accountability, responsibility and demonstrated commitment to the success of the Company and HSE organization.
- Team Building Skills – Effectively enlists leadership from all levels of the organization to achieve a common vision, goals and objectives for a safe working environment.
Leadership Skills – Demonstrates the ability to effectively enlist and energize stakeholders in a shared vision and to direct, align and inspire the actions of others in bringing about transformational change safety practices.
Technical/Functional Knowledge - Understands the principles of HSE and possesses skills in data management, data analysis, interpretation and translation into effective information and sound, cost effective recommendations.
Problem Solving – Able to research and 300 Feet's Governance and Country regulatory requirements; analyze data for trends and implement IT and procedural solutions for simplifying and streamlining the HSE Management System and data reporting requirements.
Flexibility – Ability to adapt to changing priorities and multiple requests form HSE and functional internal stakeholders.
In addition to the job duties and responsibilities described above, employees must be able to perform the following physical abilities as an essential function of their job and/or to perform essential job functions. If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation to perform any of the functions listed below, contact the Human Resources Department.
Required to be Wind Turbine Climb certified with medical evaluation to obtain clearance to work at height in extreme hot and cold conditions.
Must pass Wind Power Physical Assessment test.
May need to pass a pulmonary function exam and wear a respirator.
Must be able to demonstrate flexibility and full range of movement in order to work in Confined Spaces.
Will be offered a Hepatitis B vaccination for potential occupational exposure to Bloodborne pathogens while providing first aid/ CPR. Will be required to maintain First Aid, CPR and AED certification.
- Must maintain personal body weight limitation of 270 lbs (with PPE and tools to not exceed OSHA limit of 310 pounds and posted weight limits on ladders).
- Must be able to sit, walk or stand for long duration of time.
- Must be able to climb wind towers on a daily basis. During this task, employee must be able to open/close hatch doors and identify potential safety hazards.
- Must have the ability to identify and distinguish colors.
- Must be able to transfer fifty (50) pounds from a thirty-five inch platform to the floor.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to fifty (50) pounds for up to fifteen (15) feet.
- Must be able to lift up to fifty (50) pounds from ground to brow height.
- Must be able to lift and transfer up to fifty (50) pounds to a thirty-five (35) inch platform.
- Must be able to lift and carry twenty-five (25) pounds with one hand up to fifteen (15) feet.
- Must be able to crouch, kneel, or ½ kneel for up to five (5) minutes at a time to perform maintenance tasks in low areas.
- Must be able to perform fine motor tasks, such as screwing or unscrewing nuts and bolts, while reaching around and over objects.
- Must be able to balance to: (1) work in closed and small swaying areas on top of and within wind towers, and (2) walk across small surface areas to access areas within wind turbines.
- Must be able to military, belly, or back crawl up to fifteen (15) feet to access the nose cone area of wind turbines.
- Must be able to step or climb up onto platform at a height of thirty-five (35) inches, with or without support.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Job Type
- $40,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- Required education:
- Required experience:
- Safety: 5 years